All Placement International members have experienced a visa J-1.
PI Tips for Adjusting to Life in the U.S.Moving, training and living in a foreign country and culture can be a challenge. Below you will find some tips to ease the process and adjust to your adventure of living in America.
1. Give yourself time to adjust. It can take several months to adapt to the ways of your host country.
2. Remain open-minded. Understand that other cultures and countries may do things differently than what you are used to.
3. Keep a good sense of humor. This will help during times of frustration.
4. It may take some time to make new friends and develop a good support network. It's okay to create friendships with others from your own culture. They may understand your frustration and help you adjust to life in the U.S.
5. Don't be afraid to ask questions. This will help you better navigate your new environment. Through asking questions you will not only learn, you may feel relief by others willingness to help.
Most importantly; be safe, have fun, make good choices, enjoy yourself and soak up as much knowledge and culture that you can.
For more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.